The 2010 Euromoney Private Banking survey has recognised BNP Paribas Wealth Management once again:
The 2010 survey confirms the strong rankings we achieved in the 2009 survey, notably:
– 6th global private bank
– 4th private bank in Western Europe
– 1st private bank in France (for the 5th time)
BNP Paribas Wealth Management has also reinforced its position in the three other domestic markets of the BNP Paribas group:
– 1st private bank in Luxembourg (4th in the 2009 survey)
– 3rd private bank private in Belgium (6th in the 2009 survey)
– 2nd foreign private bank in Italy
Finally the development strategy of the wealth management business in Europe has also been recognised:
– 3rd private bank in Central Europe and Eastern Europe
– 3rd foreign private bank in Germany
The Euromoney Private Banking survey is based on a poll of the private banks and their audited annual figures, and is recognized as the industry benchmark. It ranks the banks by country and by category.
About BNP Paribas Wealth Management
BNP Paribas Wealth Management is the eurozone’s leading private bank. Active in nearly 30 countries, it had 239 billion euros of assets under management at the end of December 2009. More than 5,300 wealth management professionals based in every major global centre help its client base of private investors to optimise and manage their assets.
Since the en of 2008, BNP Paribas Wealth Management will comprise two business lines:
– BNP Paribas Wealth Management Networks support the development of private banking activities in every country where the BNP Paribas Group has a domestic customer base. Supported by the Retail Banking entity in a joint venture with Investment Solutions, the business line is located in three of the group’s major domestic markets: France, Italy and Belgium. It also launched Wealth Management in Germany in June 2009 and BMCI-BNP Paribas Banque Privée in Morocco in January 2010.
– BNP Paribas Wealth Management Internationalalready has a solid base in the world’s major private banking markets and will continue to increase its presence in its main locations: Switzerland, Luxemburg, Monaco, Belgium, Netherlands, UK, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Hungary, the Gulf, India, Greater China, South-East Asia and Latin America. This business will be developed thanks to its close cooperation with the Corporate and Institutional Banking business, and through internal growth, acquisitions and strategic partnerships.
Céline Castex – +33 1 42 98 15 91 – firstname.lastname@example.org